Parking is always at a premium at the beginning and the end of the school day. Only those parents who have a child with a disability, or have a disability themselves, may park in the cul-de-sac inside the grounds. The staff car park is only for staff members. As you will appreciate we wish to ensure the safety of students, so please assist us by encouraging your child to use the supervised crossings and also by not parking in the staff car park. Parking is restricted at the front of the school; please observe the relevant parking signs.
There are two School Crossing Supervisors on duty each morning (8.00 a.m. - 9.00 a.m.) and each afternoon (2.40 p.m. - 3.10 p.m.) to supervise children and parents across the crossings. Parents and caregivers, please set a good example and use these crossings. By crossing elsewhere, you may be able to avoid a speeding car, but the child who copies your actions may not be as fortunate.
A number of buses provide services to the school. Sunbus and a number of private buses ferry children home or to after school care and other activities. To access information regarding bus times and routes, please contact Sunbus or the private companies directly.
Children riding bicycles to school will:
- walk their bicycles in the school ground
- be careful when entering the roadway from the school, mounting their bicycle only when they are outside the gate
- leave their bicycles in the bike racks and not return to them until they are ready to go home (these must be secured by a suitable chain and lock)
- due to the volume of traffic at the start and end of the school day, students should walk their bicycles along the pedestrian paths at the front and the back of the school, until they can safely ride on the roads
The bike racks are out of bounds to children who do not have bikes in them
Children will not borrow/lend bicycles under any circumstances
Children are not to play or loiter in the vicinity of the bike racks
Children must wear bicycle safety helmets
ON THE WAY TO AND FROM SCHOOL
On the way to and from school students will:
- go by the most direct route (without loitering at shops, etc.)
- be courteous to their friends, other school students, adults and all other people they may meet.
- look after other younger students (no bullying)
- not talk to strangers
- obey all traffic rules/laws
- behave in a way that reflects the high standards of Mt Archer State School