Accessible Page Links

Page Tools

Main page Content

Enrolling at our school


Mt Archer State School caters for students from Years Prep to year 6.  Admission of new students within any of the year levels may be done at the school office. A member of the Administration team will speak with children and their parents/caregivers at the time of enrolment. It is Mt Archer School’s enrolment policy, supported by the Education (General Provisions) Act and Regulations 2006, that a parent/caregiver must produce documentary evidence of the date of birth of the child.
Legislation also requires us to ask for confirmation of identity (student and parent) and confirmation of principal place of residence e.g. rental notice, rates notice, electricity bill or similar.
An Enrolment Agreement will be provided by the Principal setting out the rights, responsibilities and obligations of enrolling parents/caregivers and students.  Parents/Caregivers and students will be asked to sign this agreement before the enrolment is accepted.
Please advise the Principal at the time of your enrolment if your student has a disability.  Parents/Caregivers in this situation are also invited to meet with the Principal Education Officer, Student Services.  This person is based at Education Queensland’s Rockhampton Office, Level 4, 209 Bolsover Street, Rockhampton  (Telephone:  49384 661). 
Students on suspension from another school can not be enrolled at our school until the suspension period is completed.


All students attending Queensland State Schools are entitled to an allocation of State education.  The basic allocation is 24 semesters (i.e. 12 years from Year 1–12). The principal may allocate 2 additional semesters, the Regional Executive Director may allocate a further 2 semesters, and the Assistant Director-General Student Services may allocate a final 2 semesters.
Parents/Caregivers will receive a statement with the remaining semester allocation with the end of semester student reports.  Decisions relating to additional semester allocations are documented in writing detailing personnel involved, evidence looked at, facts relied upon and reasons for the decision.


If your child or children are moving to another school, please advice your current school and the new school.
Where both schools involved are state schools the transfer will be processed through OneSchool, the state schools information system.
Transfers to non-state schools or interstate will require a transfer note. The following information is collected and sent to the new school.
·   Student Identifying Information
·   Custody or Guardianship Order
·   Medical Details
·   School Details
·   Level of Schooling
·   Allocation of State Education
·   School Attendance
·   Education Performance
·   Educational Support
·   Behavioural Issues

A Transfer is issued upon the request of the transferring parent or the state or non-state school into which the student is transferring.  The purpose of this transfer process is to support the educational placements of new students.  There is also an Interstate Student Data Transfer Note for students from interstate.


Occasionally your child may be recognised for specific achievements and also participation in activities in the public arena.  Photographic and video materials involving your child may be published as a result.  Original work created by your child may also be displayed in a variety of situations, eg. in newsletters or newspapers, on television or radio, public displays, etc.   Please complete a release form on enrolment if you wish/do not wish for your child to be recognised in this way. Such recognition highlights a child’s development and achievements and also promotes the school’s achievements.